In this portion of our five-part series on Google Analytics (GA), we're covering who needs and benefits from the service. Throughout this article, there are two 'who's' we're reviewing. The first who we cover is who needs Google Analytics? The second and perhaps more vital 'who' to your business is who is visiting you?
Who Needs It?
Much like our post about mobile responsive websites, the answer to who needs Google Analytics — is everyone. For a new business, it could very well be exciting to be unaware of how people find you. But as an establishing business, you must understand how visitors find you. We'll discover why this is later in this series.
Effectively, any person or business that desires to learn any of the following from their visitors needs Google Analytics:
- Monitoring geographic location for their visitors
- Determining how visitors find their pages
- Track marketing campaign successes
- Understanding visitor search terms on search engines
- Assisting with future social platform campaign strategies
The bullet points above are but a sample of the reporting benefits from Google Analytics, but we'll explain why using an actual example below.